14 years ago, Facebook didn’t even exist. Now, it’s a huge part of our lives!
The average person spends nearly two hours on social media everyday, which translates to a total of 5 years and 4 months spent over a lifetime, according to Social Media Today.
Imagine what else you could be doing with that time – writing a novel, learning a new language, or doubling the size of your business, for example.
So if you’re beginning to feel like social media is TOO big a part of your life, then this video is for you.
Today we’re going to share 7 hacks for breaking yourself of your social media addiction so that you can reclaim this time for yourself (15 min):
In this video we’re going to give you a handful of tips (some easy, some not so much!) to help you beat your social media addiction:
- How turning off notifications from your devices will instantly save you time
- Why you should turn ON ‘Do Not Disturb’ mode and LEAVE it on
- The many ways that LIMITING your interaction with your devices improves your performance
- How to set personal parameters for yourself on social media – and use apps (like Freedom, Self Control App, Win the Day, and Facebook News Feed Eradicator) to boost your self-discipline
- How to implement rules for social media for yourself (we love the apps Moment and Checky – which track the amount of time you spend on your phone in a day)
- Why the “Unfollow” option on sites like Facebook should be your new best friend
- A dramatic, effective option for those who feel like they desperately need to reclaim their time from social media!
- And a BONUS hack detailing why you should get rid of your phone all together! (I did it for 3 months, and it changed my life)
Post in the comments below, and share your own strategy for breaking your social media addiction! See you in the comments!